Did you click the title to see how many books I read?? Probably. Am I going to tell you just this second. No.
June was a great month. The most notable event being that I finished my GCSE exams which means NO MORE STUDYING UNTIL SEPTEMBER. That’s it. That’s my June in a nutshell. But I’m a rambler, so why share in a nutshell when you can write a perfectly long post instead?? I’ve really missed writing these recaps, so without further ado, let’s get into the recap!
So the bragging about how many books I read this month in the title and excerpt was sarcasm. Very much so. I’ve been in a reading slump this past year or two and have only just got out of it (as of the middle ish of June) so I’ve read TWO BOOKS. An achievement for me this year in all honesty. That brings my total of books I’ve read this year up to a grand…
* edit: since then I realised that in May I actually read three other books (all of the Jenny Han To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before series) and somehow forgot?? So actually drumroll… that was SIX books at time of writing.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern ★★★★☆ I will probably have a full review of this to come but I loved this?? Although I admit initially the different plotlines within the novel did confuse me (hence why I removed a star), once I read this as a flow (it’s not a book you can read, then leave for a week and come back to) IT WAS AMAZING. The world-building was incredible, as was the character development and the whole premise of it was just amazing. I really loved it – and I think if I hadn’t started it whilst partially in a reading slump this would have been five stars for sure.
Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson ★★★★★ This was a reread and was just as good as the first time! I first read it actually several years ago now and didn’t hugely remember the plot details so it was a really refreshing read and felt like it was a first-time read. Such a cute, summery contemporary and I can’t wait to read Second Chance Summer and Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour from the author as I’m sure I’ll love them!!
• I FINISHED SCHOOL AND MY EXAMS
• It feels so good to say that I am finally on my summer break – eleven weeks of freedom until I go back in September to start A-Levels??
• 2 years worth of content crammed into 2 weeks worth of exams that are now DONE and dusted. Now we wait until results day in August! • I was in a show which was so much fun I loved it??
• I don’t really have much detail to say about it other than it was such a fun night, I loved my dress, I loved my makeup, everyone looked so nice and it was just such a nice way to end the year??
• READ. I would usually put a number on this, i.e. read x amount of books, but considering I’ve just got out of a reading slump, I don’t want to put any pressure on myself! I have an exciting few books lined up for me to read so I can’t wait – my next one being On the Come Up by Angie Thomas which I AM SO EXCITED FOR.
• Write 10 blog posts This is doable right?? Hopefully I can write more but I’m really enjoying blogging at the moment so I can’t wait to write some more posts!
• Blog hop I’m usually quite good at this, especially with reading posts in my reader, but I definitely want to find some new blogs to read which I’m excited for!
• Buy my stationary for 6th form Although I don’t go back until September I do want to buy my stationary early before Back to School season kicks in and prices go up loads haha, always love a bargain ;). I’m still undecided though because there could be more deals in August?? So we’ll see. I need all the binders though and cute notebooks and pens and highlighters – can’t wait!!